I can’t lie. After last month’s extremely disappointing Summon crate, I was tempted to drop my membership to Loot Crate. This decision should have been easy considering I’m going to start getting the Funko Star Wars Smuggler’s Bounty box in November. Yes, there is such a thing as subscription box overload.
But Loot Crate cut me off at the pass (or unsubscribe page) by teasing that there was going to be an exclusive Funko Pop in the October box. Rumors abound that it was a Pop of the new Doctor Who, especially since the box is called Time and the latest season premiered last month. While this would have been a cool Pop, I am not the biggest Doctor Who fan (I swear, I will find time to watch the show), so I waited with low expectations.
My Loot crate showed up on schedule and was about the size of a typical box. Inside was a whole ton of awesomeness without a filler item in sight, and boy was I wrong about this month’s exclusive Pop. Check out the video above for my reactions and make sure you follow me on Periscope (@cultofgeorge) to watch all my Loot Crate Unboxing videos.
Here are my pros and cons from this month’s box:
- Exclusive Back to the Future Doc Brown Funko Pop
- Retro Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure shirt (shirt is fitted for skinny dudes)
- Stunning 1:5 scale replica of Back to the Future Hoverboard with mirrored stand for added awesomeness.
- Doctor Who official Spork (high quality utensil for people that can’t decide on a fork or spoon)
- Nothing negative this month. Loot Crate gets my $20 for another month