I meant to post this on New Year’s Day, but I’ve been drowning in Mucinex and NyQuil since New Year’s Eve.
It’s very easy to fall into a trap where you let one terrible, life-changing experience define your year or life, but you can’t let tragedy guide your existence.
2015 was tough, tragic and sad, but it wasn’t all doom and gloom. A lot of great things came out of this year, including (in no particular order):
- We learned how important friendship really is. To those that supported us in any little way, we will be your friends for life.
- We got to see our different groups of friends intermingle and become friends themselves. Making new friends after ’30 is actually possible.
- We are watching wrestling again. As corny as it seems, pro-wrestling is actually good again and it’s even better when you watch it with other people that just need to escape from reality and watch two dudes (or gals) pummel each other with chairs and tables.
- Thanks in large part to our amazing network of wedding photography friends, we got the chance to escape from reality and go to Hawaii for a week. It helped more than words can explain.
- We got to share a ton of love with our new nephew Alex and are so stoked to have a new niece coming in a few months. Every time I want to cry about James, I just go over Rita or Maria’s and give William and Sylvia a hug and everything becomes a little better.
- I started another career. Who would have thought I would make the leap from journalist to wedding photographer to PR manager in the course of two years?
- We learned that in order to move ahead; we need to say yes to help and support. Being Greek and stubborn only goes so far.
- I realized that Allison will make the greatest mom ever. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long. ☺
In the meantime, I’ve set a few fun goals for 2016 since I’m not the biggest fan of resolutions.
- I’m going to learn how to make a perfect Trader Vic’s Mai Tai and share it with everyone.
- I’m going to learn how to relax more and enjoy the little things in life.
- I’m going to beat Fallout 4 before the end of the year.
- I’m going to give the unicycle goal another shot.
Thank you every one. We love you so much.